Battenhall Retirement Village
COMPLETION: Currently post planning stage
The grade ii* listed Battenhall Mount was built in 1865 by William Spriggs. The site consists of a main house, gate house, gardener’s cottages, formal gardens and stable blocks. Battenhall Mount was originally built as a private residence and upto recent times it has been the home of the St Mary’s Covent. The site now has planning permission to sympathetically restored the site and main building to be used as a third age retirement village, with formal gardens, social and recreation space, dinning, and therapy services. Along with the restoration and refurbishment of the main building, 3 new detached retirement apartment villas are proposed which have been situated to be subservient to the historic building but yet modern in its form to leave a clear historical architectural language.